"Who Bombed Judi Bari?" Reward Fund ~ Reward Contact Form
Judi Bari was the victim of a car bomb assassination attempt on May 24, 1990 in Oakland, California. The bombing nearly killed Judi and injured her passenger, Darryl Cherney, as they were setting out on a promotional tour for "Redwood Summer" to gain support for a summer of direct action protests in defense of the ancient redwoods. In the wake of the bombing, the FBI and Oakland Police Department ignored mountains of evidence, failed to conduct a legitimate investigation of the bombing, and tried to blame the victims.
This reward is being offered in an attempt to find the bomber--something the FBI and Oakland Police have shown no interest in doing for over twenty-two years. In 2010, the FBI announced they intended to destroy key evidence in the case that could help lead to the identity of the bomber. At the behest of the Bari-Cherney legal team, two federal court orders were issued in 2011 and 2012 to preserve and test the evidence. However, the FBI continues to delay turning it over. What does the FBI have to hide?
1. $50,000 will be paid by the Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund for information leading to the identification, arrest, prosecution and incarceration of the person or persons responsible for the attempted assassination of Judi Bari by placing a bomb under the seat of her car.
2. The value of the information in identifying, prosecuting, convicting, and incarcerating the bomber or bombers will be determined solely by the sponsors of the Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund in consultation with the appropriate law enforcement and prosecutorial personnel, based on its sole determination of the relative value of the information provided.
3. If more than one person is arrested, convicted and imprisoned for the attempted assassination of Judi Bari, the total reward fund shall not exceed $50,000 for all convictions combined.
3. If more than one person provides information leading to the arrest, prosecution, conviction and incarceration of the bomber or bombers, the reward may be divided as determined by the sponsors of the Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund in consultation with law enforcement and prosecutorial personnel, based on its sole determination of the relative value of the information provided.
4. Information need not be new, but may qualify based on the compelling or novel manner in which it is presented; the practical or theoretical connections to other evidence that it supplies; or any other relevant tip or information that leads to the arrest, prosecution, conviction and incarceration of the bomber.
5. The bomber must be sentenced to imprisonment for 12 months or more to receive the full $50,000 reward. Lesser sentences will result in a pro-ration of the award as determined by the sponsors of the Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund.
6. The reward will be paid within six months after the date of the bomber's incarceration. If an appeal is filed by the convicted individual or individuals, the reward will be held until such appeals are exhausted.
7. Information will be certified as coming from you by the date and time that your information is received by law enforcement and/or the Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund. Information may be submitted by mail, email or phone.
8. If you prefer to discuss the reward by phone or meet in person, please contact us first by using our Reward Contact Form.
9. Past and present employees and contractors of the Bari-Cherney legal team; past or present employees or contractors of the 93-minute documentary Who Bombed Judi Bari?; and law enforcement officials acting their official capacity are not eligible for the reward.
10. The Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund is a project of Hokey Pokey Productions, the producer of the feature documentary Who Bombed Judi Bari?, and is solely responsible for its contents and operations.
11. All information provided will be kept strictly confidential by the Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund unless specified otherwise by the provider of information. The Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund is not responsible for how law enforcement handles information provided to them.
12. Information may be provided to us by email through our Reward Contact Form or at the Who Bombed Judi Bari? Reward Fund PO Box 34, Garberville, 95542. Please provide a phone number and return address if you desire to communicate with us further or receive the reward.